Twelve was to green my cellphone!
1. Unplug your charger when it's not being used. It draws energy from the outlet even when not plugged into your phone.
2. Minimize the backlight. Save battery time by setting the backlight to the lowest setting.
3. Use GPS navigation from your phone if you are set up for that. It'll save you driving time and gas.
4. Don't buy a new phone until you need it, and recycle your old phone.
5. Use your phone's alarm clock and get rid of your traditional one. That's one less appliance. Saves money, saves energy.
6. Use your phone's backlight as a flashlight/nightlight if you need to see something when your in bed.
7. Don't charge your phone as habit, charge it only when you need it.
8. If you can go online with your phone, you can get your news that way and save paper.
9. Charge your phone with solar power. Click here to read a review of a solar charger http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-11288_7-6427792-3.html
10. Don't want a solar charger? Ask your electricity provider for alternative methods such as wind.
11. Carbon offsetting. Use the electricity you need and pay another company to use renewable resources. Check out www.GreenEnergyChoice.com
12. Spend less time on the phone!
In other cell phone news, Motorola is working on a cellphone with a display screen that doubles as a solar cell. It won't be long until you can charge your phone with the sun's rays. What a beautiful idea!!!