100 Amazing Upcycling Ideas Anyone Can Do
One does not have to be an environmentalist to enjoy the benefits of upcycling projects. Anyone who derives enjoyment from DIY projects and other creative endeavors will love looking at the following instructions for ideas and inspiration for undertakings of their very own. Or, of course, they can follow along at home as a means of learning new techniques and nurturing their innovation.
1. Bike Innertube Wallet : Learn how to transform the innertube of a bike tire into a durable, waterproof wallet that only requires a bit of simple cutting and sewing.
2. Travel Trunk Rolling Bar : An old travel trunk makes for an elegant, vintage (or, at least, vintage looking) rolling bar/conversation piece perfect for entertaining.
3. Old CD Jewelry : Smooth, shiny CDs can make for some stunning, relatively simple and understated jewelry pieces – and with their rapidly escalating status as obsolete technology, there will be plenty stacking up for these creative DIY projects.
4. G4 Cubequarium : Fans of Macs and technology will delight in this amazing fish tank made from an old G4. It requires a bit of work, but the instructions are all laid out in detail.
5. Newspaper Mulch : With this simple project, homeowners and gardeners can re-appropriate newspapers to serve as effective, biodegradable mulch.
6. Birdseed Packaging Lunch Bag : Turn a simple birdseed bag (or bit of trash of a similar composition) into an interesting, easy-to clean lunchbox suitable for everyday use.
7. Plastic Bag Headband : Using this technique for creating viable, sewable fabric from plastic bags found at most grocery stores, the green fashionista can whip up a quick headband or bracelet in no time.
8. Barrel of Monkeys Bowl : Plastic toy soldiers and the beloved Barrel of Monkeys both make for quirky, fun decorative bowls that add a unique flair to any home.
9. Soda Bottle Lamp : 2-liter soda bottles can be fashioned into incredible lamps and electric candles that imbue a room with a startling elegance.
10. Plastic Bag Laptop Case : Upcycle those ubiquitous plastic bags – many of which fail to biodegrade at an agreeable rate – into a workable, eco-friendly laptop case.